Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fitting In

Honestly, I don't care much for play groups. Or maybe I just haven't found my niche. In any event, I usually feel out of place. My kids always have fun playing and I can typically find something to talk about with the other moms, but most of the moms don't share the same life philosophies as me. 

Almost all of the people I've met through play groups, with the exception of one, become just acquaintances. Meeting other moms and their kids is like dating and I didn't care much for that either. 

Ah, the problems of a stay at home mom....

1 comment:

Mama Podkayne said...

I'm right there with you. I actually got asked not to come back to a playgroup because I responded to a question "the wrong way".....a mom was asking about her daughter's sleep issue, she had just told us about spiders in the 9 month old's (and being covered with spider bites in the morning) room, and I pointed out the correlation and suggested either co-sleeping or, I don't know, checking on her daughter when she screams....instead of Ferberizing....

Gah.

Anyway, right there with you.