Friday, August 29, 2008

Too Much Stuff

According to Target and Craigslist postings, it's almost Halloween so I thought I'd share our Christmas plans. 

I love Christmas. I love buying presents, I love giving presents and I love opening presents. I love seeing all of our relatives and spending time together as a family. When we started having children, we went a little crazy with the present buying. 

Christmas this year is going to be different. We are going to make presents. I'm not talking about the cheesy homemade bookmarks or can pencil holders (although watch out grandparents). My daughter is going to get some skirts, a couple of tutus, felt food, rainbow pillows and a play mat. My son is going to get a yo yo elephant, pillows (seriously, he lugs his sister's precious pillows around the house and says "night, night"), an eye spy bag and Mathew is going to make him some wooden stuff. 

I'm looking forward to giving handmade things to everyone in our family. In past years, we've gotten so caught up in the spirit of spending that we lost sight of the fact that our kids prefer the cardboard box over the actual toy.

1 comment:

drea :: dre of white stables said...

I really love this idea. I wish I was better with a sewing machine!