Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

I wish I could say that what I am about to describe is not a normal evening in my household. 

It all started with the dry erase marker on the wall. I guess it was boring to just color on the marker board. Maeve even stood on a pile of stuff so that she could write higher and blame it on someone else. Right. It's a shame that her brother is shorter than she is.

Maeve then decided to take her creative endevors to her brother's neck and head. And butt and leg. And one little dab on his hand. 

So we headed upstairs for bath time. Our dog, a full blooded labrador who fits the description of the breed to a tee, came upstairs with us. As the tub was filling, Bridget, our dog, got excited. Afterall, the bath was for her, right? I was distracted for a few seconds because Finn was (again) trying to throw something into the toilet and Maeve was singing Cherub Rock so loud that the neighbors could hear her. I believe it was at this point that I was also wiping pee off of the floor. Anyway, Bridget jumped into the tub. 

After convincing our 60 lb dog to remove herself, all the while holding Finnegan so he wouldn't climb over the side of the tub, I attempted to drain the dirty water. Except the drain is sort of plugged (note to self: never dump dirty steam vac water into the bath tub) and it took forever for the water to drain out. More pee on the floor, wet dog, slippery tile, anxious kids and finally...BATH.  


No comments: