Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sewing

I just finished two patchwork skirts for Maeve. I was going to save them for Christmas, but she'll have five other skirts to open so I'm going to surprise her with them tomorrow. The skirts would have been less time consuming if I would have used my serger, but I'm still in the getting to know you phase.

When I first got my sewing machine, it sat in the box for over a year. My mother would often ask if I was planning to use it and I would always answer "yes". One day I was finally ready and opened the box and started sewing. It was as simple as that. 

My serger looks more complicated than my sewing machine. I read the instruction manual and plan to look at it up on my shelf for a little bit longer. I have a million projects planned so I doubt it will be on the shelf for too long, but for now I am still taking it in. I am fully confident that when I decide to start using it I will be a serging pro. 


1 comment:

drea :: dre of white stables said...

Cute skirt! The tutorial is over my head though. One day...