Monday, April 6, 2009

It's a Boy!

Baby #3 is a boy. 

I am happy about having a boy and think it will be neat that Finnegan and his brother will be close in age. Well, it will be both neat and dangerous. I imagine they will torture me with all sorts of things. Thank goodness Maeve can hold her own. 

The unfortunate part of having boy is that he will require new clothes. All of Finn's clothes are in the wrong season. I am looking forward to garage sales even more now that I have a bigger list of wants and needs. 

I also need to figure out if we should have Maeve and Finn switch bedrooms. Maeve has the bigger room and it seems unfair to make the boys share a smaller room. I'm a bit hesitant because if my sanity can handle a fourth, it could be a girl in which case we'd keep Maeve in the bigger room. Switching rooms would involve re-painting and convincing Maeve that she really does want to move all of her precious belongings. Of course it's sort of dumb for me to even think about making the kids switch rooms because they both sleep in our room. What to do, what to do....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are going with a sleeping room and a play room approach. By the time it would be awkward for them to sleep in the same room, we would also know for sure there were going to be no more kids. So, one room is decorated as girls' room and has Liv's clothes but no beds. The other has Asher's clothes and technically three beds in it.

Heather said...

That's the set up we have now. I should just stop trying to create more work for myself.