Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Nesting Much?

I haven't been in the mood to write lately because I've been busy with projects. 

One of my on-going projects has been to make newborn fitteds, small fitteds and small pocket diapers for my sister and sister-in-law who are both pregnant. I only have about eight pockets left to do, but I keep having to re-order snaps. Apparently it is too much for my brain to order more snaps than I might actually need. I will be placing my last snap order tomorrow and am hoping to have the rest of the diapers done and packaged in the next couple of weeks.  

I just finished painting my boys' room. I really like the color and it goes with the curtain and rug that are already in the room. I have to buy, paint and hang wall letters for baby boy, but other than that, the room is done. I will post pictures upon completion.

My next painting project is my daughter's room. She is completely obsessed with the colors blue and green and thinks that her pink room is terrible. My plan is to paint the top half of her walls blue (sky) and the bottom half green (grass). I bought flower and butterfly wall stickers for her to put on after the paint is dry. She said she wants her room to look springy and girly. I will probably end up trying to find some kind of rainbow stickers for her to put on as well. 

My last painting project is my office. I've been painting my office now for a couple of months. I love the color (lime green), but there are lots of things to paint around and the wall is textured so it's last on my list of priorities. My office also has a nine foot ceiling and I'm not looking forward to being that high on a ladder while pregnant. 

The good thing about all of my paint projects is that I have gotten the paint for free. Yes, free. There is a hazardous household waste collection site close to my house and they have all kinds of paints and stains up for grabs. I take all sorts of colors and mix them in a five gallon bucket when I get home. I think it's a great way to reduce waste and reuse. It's also slightly dangerous for me because I tire of colors easily and now, much to my husband's dismay, I have nothing holding me back from repainting rooms in my house. 


No comments: