Saturday, December 5, 2009

Holiday Wish List Meme

1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year? 
--I am hoping that my dear husband will take my thumb ring somewhere to be fixed
--gift cards
--pork
--more fruit trees, although those will probably  have to wait until spring
--fabric

2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received?
My grandpa made me a doll bed and my grandma made a quilt for the bedding. I wish I still had it. I also wish I had one of my grandma's quilts, but I'm not sure what happened to them after she passed away.

3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle? 
I really want to make quiet books for the kids. I've been gathering felt, but I still need to find time to go them. 

4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child? 
The most memorable Christmas gift was when I thought I was getting a horse. I was so excited to open what I thought was a saddle under the tree. Nope. I it was a lousy computer. It was actually a very nice computer, but I was slightly disappointed because a horse would have been fabulous.

5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year? 
Maeve wants pretty things. She has also requested more skirts and has several different costumes (rabbit, Christmas tree and Rudolph) she wants me to sew. Finn said he wants a baby, but I consider that request fulfilled. Oren just wants breastmilk.

6. What is your favorite holiday food? 
I like all of the little sweet treats my mother-in-law makes. Chocolate covered pretzels and round pretzels with a slightly melted rolo in the middle are my favorites. I also like the Italian cookies my mom makes because they remind me of my Sicilian great grandmother. 

7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays? 
Skirts, golf tees/flags, a couple of kid games, crowns, baby rings, a dress or two and car seat ponchos (I did say "poncho" and am hoping they make getting the kids in and out of their car seats easier this winter). There are lots of other things on my list, but there are some I can't remember and some I can't share.

8. What is your favorite holiday movie? 
Christmas Vacation

9. Favorite holiday song? 
I love "O Holy Night". It makes me want to go to midnight mass at a church I attended when I was younger.

10. Favorite holiday pastime?
I love everything about Christmas. I especially love celebrating Christmas now that I have kids. Seeing the joy in their faces as we decorate the house and the tree makes me grateful for such a beautiful life. 

No comments: