Friday, March 12, 2010

New Life

I am always happy this time of the year.

Our herbs and tomatoes have started to grow and the tulips outside have made an appearance. I love tulips. I love all of the possibilities that come with tulips. They are the first flowers of the season, at least in my yard, and prove that there is life after snow.

New life, a new beginning.

Another new beginning is that we have started attending church with the kids. I was raised Catholic. I attended a Catholic high school. I have the Catechism of the Catholic Church on my bookshelves, but I haven't been to church in five years. I miss it.

Church has always been the constant in my life. Catholic masses and rituals are the same and that is comforting to me. I know the prayers, I know the history behind the mass and am fascinated with cathedrals and basilicas. I know that a fancy building isn't necessary for worship, but I feel a deep sense of awe when I'm surrounded by such beauty. Unfortunately, my daughter has not yet developed an appreciation for organ music so it seems cathedrals and basilicas are not in our immediate future.

No comments: