Thursday, July 15, 2010

Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day

I make a big batch of this bread dough at least every other day. I love this recipe and find myself using it for just about everything. I've made:
Monkey bread
Cinnamon rolls
Pretzels
Pull apart rolls: I have no idea what these are called. I rolled up little balls of dough, put them all in a pan, covered them in melted butter and herbs and baked.
Pizza
Stromboli
Apple turnovers
Flat bread topped with caramelized onions, garlic and Parmesan cheese
Bagels
Doughnuts
Hamburger or hot dog buns
Tortillas: I fried these and they were okay, but real homemade tortillas are much better
And almost anything that calls for a yeast dough. I am still trying to find a great sandwich bread dough so if you know of something, please share.

No comments: