Friday, July 23, 2010

Christmas Sewing

My goal this year is to have a 100% homemade Christmas. I know it might seem a bit early to start thinking about Christmas, but I'm a mom to three kids, 5 and under.

Here's my working list:

5 year old daughter:
Princess and the Pea play set
Pillow case/sheet skirts or maybe more patchwork skirts

3 year old son:
Car play mat
Big checker board
Pjs and lounge pants

1 year old son:
No clue.
Maybe a touch book using fabric scraps

All three kids:

Female relatives:
Recipe book with my favorite recipes

2 comments:

theviewfromhere said...

if you're doing 100% homemade, you HAVE to start early. You could probably make the 1YO some simple toys and he'd be thrilled. Soft blocks aren't hard to make, or felted wool balls with jingle bells inside.

Mama Podkayne said...

This is such a cool idea. I've been thinking of making the girls dress up clothes and personalized pajamas with matching pillowcases. I have 10 yards each of two different jersey knit patterns.

I also want to make gifts for the adults in the family and that is way harder than for kids. I've been thinking about going to the make and paint pottery shop.

Last year what I could not make, I made sure to at least buy handmade. That eased them into the idea.