Wednesday, November 17, 2010

This Week's Menu

Monday: Chicken parmesan with rigatoni and steamed broccoli
Tuesday: out
Wednesday: Sweet and sour meatballs with brown rice, snap peas
Thursday: Butternut squash soup with rolls (I will probably be the only one to eat this)
Friday: BBQ pork on homemade buns, green beans, homemade fries
Saturday: pork chops and I'm not sure of sides
Sunday: breakfast, pancakes, hash browns and eggs

Snacks: pumpkin muffins, strawberry scones and oat bars

Sweet and Sour sauce (I always double the sauce, but I never double the sugar)
3/4 C sugar
1/3 C vinegar
2/3 C water
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp ketchup
1/4 C soy sauce
2 Tbsp cornstarch

Meatballs (for 2 lbs of ground beef)
one chopped onion
one sleeve of crackers (I used Ritz because it's what I had)
two eggs
I bake my meatballs for 20 min or so in the oven and then put them into the crock pot with the sauce. I cook them on high for about 3 hours and then set it to low for another 2-3 hours. Cook time depends on how soon I remember I'm making meatballs for dinner.

No comments: