Friday, April 13, 2012

Grocery Store Conversation

I took three kids grocery shopping today. Getting groceries always involves two carts and if we are able to make it through the store without any crying, running, or yelling, it's a good trip. The kids were great today.

When I pulled up to the cashier with my two carts and three kids, this was the conversation:

Cashier: You have your hands full!
Me: Yep, I have one more at home.
Cashier: Oh, wow. With all of these apples you must be making applesauce.
Me: No, we eat that many.
Cashier: Oh! That's great. (turning to Maeve) Are you in school?
Maeve: No
Cashier: How old is she?
Me: We homeschool.
Cashier: You really do have your hands full!!

I have a feeling I'm going to have many conversations like this. It's not like I woke up one day with four kids and decided to homeschool. The cashier was being kind and curious, but I find the "you have your hands full" comments to be funny.

No comments: