Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Fun School Classroom

 Welcome to our learning space. Last year my office was where we spent most of our school time. Unfortunately, my office became a dumping ground for everything in the house and stopped being functional. I moved everything into our awkward dining room and, for the first time in five years, I can honestly say I like the space.

We have two kid sized work tables for the kids. Maeve gets her own because she's a slob and the boys share.

The white cabinets hold learning games, puzzles, and all other highly dumpable materials. The cabinet doors do not open easily with the rug and since everything is out of sight, the kids leave it alone. The set of cabinets by the painted tree house toys.

The painted tree is for Oren's letter of the week.

The red, empty picture frames are for random bits of  artwork. The white shelves and red baskets are for more toys and the white frame above the shelves is for calender time.

Our dining room table gets used when I need to work with more than one kid at a time. There is also a buffet that's not pictured and that is where I store all of our math manipulatives. I like math manipulatives and have two drawers full. 

I'm looking forward to using this space this year and reclaiming my office.

P.s. Maeve named our school the Fun School.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh I really like that painted tree!

Fun school - that is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Cool space! I really like the white cabinets. And, I must remember to do the tree next year!! Blessings for a great school year!

Stephanie said...

Looks great! You choose some great colors and I like the tree! Hope you have a great school year!

Stephanie @ http://airforcefamilyadventures.blogspot.com/