Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Dining Room Remodel








This is the current state of my soon to be dining room. The section on the left was the main floor bathroom. I'm very excited to finally have a dining room off the kitchen and a more traditional layout. Our house was built in 1856 and the people who lived in this house before us were idiots when it came to construction. The room in this photo is part of the original house. We found the frame for an old door behind the bathroom wall and there is a hidden window in the wall behind the cupboards that you can barely see in on the right side of the picture. I am fortunate to have a super talented husband, father-in-law, and father-in-law's cousin to do all of the construction work. They are a great team and high five at the end of the day which I think it cute. I mean manly. Their high fiving is very manly. And tough.

I am anxious to organize and redecorate my space. I think I'm going to paint my hutch, buffet, and dining chairs black. I'm also going to paint all of the interior doors black because I have decided that I'm tired of seeing dirty doors and marker marks. I have no idea when or how quickly I will get everything painted, but my goal is as soon as possible. If you know me, that statement is funny because it took me years to finish painting my office and even then I never really finished it. Maybe I'll have a house painting party. It'll be like a house warming party except after admiring our new space, everyone will be handed a paint brush or can of spray paint. I can bribe people with good food, right?

No comments: