Monday, March 4, 2013

I Like My Kids

It was brought to my attention recently that someone was concerned because "don't I know how much easier I would have it if I sent the kids to school?"

It is intentional that my kids are usually with me. I have received so much crap over the years for homeschooling and choosing to be with my kids. I don't like other people to drive my kids around and we rarely have anyone babysit. This is not because I can't leave my kids. This is not because my kids can't leave me. It is because I put a great deal of value on this little family my husband and I have created. My kids are not completely dependent on me nor are they attached in some kind of unhealthy way. If fact, the opposite is true. My kids are independent and well adjusted. Can you believe it? It's like I'm teaching them something about being human while they are with me all day. Fascinating, isn't it?


No comments: