Monday, March 4, 2013

Math

My kids are comfortable figuring out simple multiplication so we've moved on to division. I thought it would take awhile for them to understand, but they got it!! The lesson took all of ten minutes and they were telling me the answers before I completed the word problems. My kids are amazing!

In other homeschooling news, we are talking about plants and made terrariums. Maeve's seeds are growing and she is happy. I found a bag of potatoes that had sprouted so we're observing them to see what happens when the tubers are exposed to the sun. It's interesting and neat to see the changes. The kids helped me plant all of our tomato seeds and we've already put many of the seedlings in bigger containers. I have a few other hands on plant things to do and then I'm hoping the snow melts and we can get outside and observe plants.

No comments: