Saturday, January 11, 2014

Goals for 2014

My goals for 2014, in no particular order:

1. Figure out how to get my rabbit to kindle. My doe had one litter and killed all of them and it's been extremely difficult to get her pregnant again. French Angoras are finicky and slightly annoying, but I love brushing them and spinning their fiber.

2. Keep learning about spinning. I love spinning. I taught myself how to knit around Christmas and love spinning much, much more than knitting.

3. Make soap. Like the real stuff with lye.

4. Sell something from my little city homestead.

5. Put up more fruit. We did a good job last year, but I want more variety. I have no intention of canning any of it because freezing is easier.

6. Have a rock star garden. Yes, I did say rock star.

7. Go somewhere! We haven't been anywhere since Maeve was nine months old. I think it's time if we can find the money.

8. Get bees. I need to read more about them and maybe talk to a couple more people who keep bees, but I don't think it's all that difficult. Intimidating, but not hard.

9. Paint all of the trim upstairs. This is a boring goal, but needs to be done and will more than likely take me all year to complete.

10. Go on a date with my husband. Maybe we can even do one date a month.

No comments: