Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Christmas

It is easy for me to get carried away at Christmas. As a child, we opened lots of presents and always got one big present to share as a family. "Big" as in one year we got a speed boat for Christmas. My parents spent a small fortune, which I can appreciate a lot more now that I'm a parent.

Spending a lot of money on my kids for Christmas isn't an option and I've been stressed lately trying to figure out ways to increase our budget in order to buy the kids stuff they want. You see, they love to circle everything in the magazines that come in the mail and I want to buy them everything from those magazines.


Reality set in and I started making a list of homemade gifts for the kids. I love making things for the kids and while no one will be receiving a skee ball machine or wooden putting green, they will be getting stuff that was lovingly made by their mama. Here's my list for those who might be interested:

Elf bowling pins
wallet
trinket keeper
slippers
chalkboard place mat
marshmallow gun (I have it marked somewhere, but can't find it right now)
leg warmers
fleece skirts
fabric barn (similar to this only better)
art smock

I am excited to get started and have my list of supplies ready for the fabric and craft stores.

1 comment:

drea :: dre of white stables said...

I've been wanting to hear your Christmas ideas, so thanks for posting this. I'm stressing about Christmas, too. I don't want it to be about store bought gifts and spending a lot...which in that case, we don't have much to spend, so that isn't the issue! ;)
I've been reading Little House in the Big Woods to them as part of school. I'm hoping i can get them all fired up about it so that they'll only want paper dolls or rag dolls for Christmas. I kid. Sort of. :)