Mathew decided to speed up the defrosting process by using the heat lamp and propane tank method. Mathew hooked the heat lamp to the tank and set them in front of the freezer. When he turned it on, flames were coming out of the heat lamp so he turned down the tank. Except the tank didn't turned down. In fact, everything burst into flames.
Mathew grabbed the flaming propane tank and heat lamp and threw it out the side garage door into the yard. He ran and grabbed the kids and dog and we all went around the house to the front door. I've never seen Mathew run so fast. Several years ago, we were in bed and noticed that our night stand was on fire. It was not a big deal to either of us and we just did what needed to be done to put out the fire. This, however, was not the case with the propane tank.
Mathew called 911 and within minutes two police cars, a fire truck and an ambulance were all at our house. The fire was safely put out and the propane tank didn't explode. It was a good day.