Friday, March 24, 2017

Thank Goodness for Small Miracles

I winged it last night when I made dinner and the kids loved it! We had an abundance of plum jam in the fridge and I had just watched a cooking show about Pioneer Woman making peach chicken or something similar.

Plum Soy Chicken

2 C plum sauce or jam
3/4 C soy sauce
red pepper flakes
garlic
I would have added ginger, but I'm out
1 diced onion
lemon juice

I browned the chicken hindquarters or thighs, I can't remember, and set them aside. Then I sauted the onions in the leftover fat and returned the chicken to the pan. I added the sauce, put a lid on it, and stuck it in the oven for an hour and a half. I think two hours would have been perfect, but I didn't have that kind of time. I would have served it over rice, but I didn't have any so I use quinoa. I typically hate quinoa, however, it was palatable covered in the plum soy sauce.

No comments: