Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Contentment

It has been difficult being content in our current house. I am an ideas person and a do-er so once I decide something, I'm all in. I decided several years ago that I wanted an acreage and so I was finished living here and frustrated that we had to stay.

I had an "ah-ha" moment yesterday and realized that I'm okay not having an acreage. I like my house and know there is a lot of potential here. I am in no position to take care of livestock and homesteading takes time. We're not quite where we want to be financially and I don't want to be stuck with an acreage and a crappy house that we can't afford to fix up.

So. I'm finally content and it feels great.

We will eventually have some land and, I hope, a terrific house that my husband will have built. Until that happens, I'm going to make the most of our current house and see how much food we can grow on our little suburban homestead (what that sentence really translates to is that my husband has a lot of projects to accomplish around here and I will continue to add to them with wild abandon).

No comments: