Saturday, October 18, 2008

Life in a Grub House

My daughter adores grubs and has created a grub house next to our bed. What is a grub house, you ask?

A grub house is the narrow space between the bed and the wall. It is filled with pillows and blankets so that Big Sister Grub and Little Brother Grub can burrow.

Tonight Mathew, being the thoughtful father that he is, brought home two grubs. Maeve was very excited and wanted to hold them immediately. She then went to find a jar. As she was looking for a suitable death chamber, she screamed and threw the grubs in the kitchen. At me. 

Have I mentioned that I'm not really a bug person? I mean I'll touch them for my daughter and pretend that they're neat, but I prefer to not know they exist. 

The grubs had bitten Maeve's finger. She stomped towards her father, hands on her hips, and exclaimed, "Daddy, don't ever bring me those kinds of grubs again!" She was so mad at him for bringing her bad grubs that she stomped her foot numerous times and yelled at him for a good five minutes. 

No comments: