Monday, June 7, 2010

As Sinful as Oreo Fluff

I don't know if everyone has experienced oreo fluff, but it was a staple at my sorority house in college. We were all excited when there was oreo fluff at the end of the buffet. This french cream recipe excites me in the same way. I've used it to top brownies and to fill chocolate cupcakes. Incredibly unhealthy, but absolutely delicious and it will take a very strong will not to lick the remains out of the mixer bowl.

French Cream
1 C milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 C sugar
4 Tbsp flour
1 C butter (or shortening if that's your thing)

Cook/whisk milk and flour until thick and smooth. Add vanilla and let cool. Combine butter or shortening and sugar and beat until fluffy. Combine everything and beat for about 15 min or until it looks like a thick cream.

1 comment:

Mama Podkayne said...

Lady, I see nothing unhealthy about that treat.....cream and butter=dairy serving, flour=fiber, vanilla=minerals, sugar (if raw= more minerals!). Am I missing something?

And yes, I can justify ice cream for breakfast using a similar formula.
Eggs, milk, fruit....good to go!