Saturday, June 19, 2010

Guys and Dolls

Finn found a doll at bedtime tonight. It's a Precious Moments doll that says "Now I lay me down to sleep.....amen" when you push the doll's belly. It provided me with a lot of entertainment.

First, Finn was very happy that the doll said "aim it" at the end. He thought it was awesome that the doll was talking about guns.

Then Finn asked how many babies I have. I told him that I have three babies: Maeve, Finn and Oren. Finn quickly corrected me and said that I really only have one baby because he and Maeve are grown up. He then stood up on the bed to show me how much bigger he is than Oren. Finn also proclaimed that he is 120. Actually, he first said he was 1500, but I guess 120 is a little more believable.

I talked to Finn about how tired his baby was and how much his baby just wanted to snuggle and go to sleep. I was wrong. Apparently the baby wanted to jump, fall down and climb the mountains that were Finn's legs.

Eventually, the baby and Finn's special dolphin, Waterball, were wrapped in Finn's blanket (which is really MY baby blanket, but I don't think I'll be getting it back) and tucked in beside their Daddy. As I was kissing Finn's forehead, I said "goodnight Daddy". Finn's eyes widened and he said, "I'm a Daddy dolphin". Right. That should have been obvious.

No comments: