Saturday, February 5, 2011

No Poo Update

I tried using baking soda and apple cider vinegar to rinse and condition my hair, but it was not successful. I endured an entire month of smelling like apple cider, but my hair became somewhat unmanageable. It was soft but the fly aways were crazy and there was a lot of fuzz. I'm not sure if I was using too much baking soda, not enough baking soda or too much/not enough apple cider vinegar. Honestly, I don't care. I did really want this to work, but I don't want to have to think about proper ratios of washing ingredients while I am showering. A shower in my house is a luxury. Well, I should say a quiet shower is a luxury. My last shower was spent convincing my 17 month old to put down the toilet brush and stop splashing in the toilet. The joys of motherhood.

Anyway, the no poo method once again gets a huge thumbs down. I'm sure I will try it again sometime after I read more glowing reviews and convince myself that it will bring me curly hair happiness. And who knows? Maybe the third time really will be charmed.

No comments: